FALL SPORTS ATHLETIC RESTRICTIONS 2020-2021 - Please read link
Seventh and eighth grade students may try out for athletic teams. Sports for boys include cross country, football, wrestling, basketball, and track. Sports for girls include cross country, volleyball, basketball, and track.
Frontier League - Paola Middle School is a member of the Frontier League. The league provides us with a schedule of individual opponents for athletic events, league tournaments, and a league track meet. The Frontier League also sponsors Math Relays and choir and instrumental festivals.
Eligibility - We are members of the Kansas State High School Activities Association, which requires us to maintain a plan whereby students must maintain academic standards in order to be eligible. The Paola Middle School requirements for eligibility are as follows:
- Enrollment - The student shall be enrolled in and attending a minimum of five subjects of unit weight (or its equivalency) during the present semester.
- The student must be in good standing. Students who have been suspended out of school may not participate in or attend any extracurricular activities during any part of the day or days they are suspended.
- If any student has an "F" in any core, related arts, physical education, and /or band class as a nine weeks quarter grade, he/she is considered ineligible for the following nine weeks in the activities listed below:
- Participation in interscholastic athletic events.
- Performance in music contests where students are ranked or rated to achievement standards. Note: Students who are academically ineligible can still be in band and/or choir and participate in school concerts.
- Cheerleader performances.
- Dance Team performances.
- Student Council - attending meetings and being active officers and/or members.