PURPOSE OF SITE COUNCIL
The purpose of the School Site Council is to advise the school on such matters as student learning, education programs, school improvement planning, and accreditation issues. The site council also plays an advocacy role for the school regarding the same issues. Specifically, the purpose is to:
- Provide advice and counsel to the school in developing, implementing, and evaluating school performance goals and objectives, and
- Provide ongoing support for the students and staff of the school.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF SITE COUNCIL
- The chair, in consultation with the building principal or his or her designee(s), establishes agendas, conducts meetings, and communicates site council advisement.
- Site council members participate in sanctioned school improvement meetings and visits in an advisory capacity.
- Site council members periodically communicate with the school community and, at least annually with the local board, on-site council activities and other council matters.
- Site council members take part in ongoing training to build their knowledge and skills related to site council work.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact email@example.com