The Paola Adult Education Center strives to provide educational opportunities to area residents, not only in Miami County, but to residents in the surrounding counties as well. The center offers a positive atmosphere for learning with core foundations for staff and students of respect, responsibility, integrity, and work ethic. The classroom environment emphasizes diversity, accountability, persistence, and courage.
- GED Classes - Preparation instruction for the GED test. Finish high school now, and earn a Kansas State High School Diploma. Evening classes offered in Paola, LaCygne and Garnett. Day classes offered in Paola. For more information on requirements, fees, and testing; please go to the GED Testing tab under Adult Education or call our center at 913-294-8018.
- GED and Healthcare Pathway Combination - This is a new opportunity! If you do not have your GED yet and you want to work on the Healthcare Pathway, call Karen Ulanski for details. The Healthway Pathway includes training for Certified Nurse Aide, Certified Medical Assistant, Home Health Aide, and CPR for Basic Rescue. Limited spaces available in the new pathway.
- Accelerating Opportunities for Kansas (A O-K) - This program allows students to pursue career training while completing their GED. Participants will receive a scholarship that pays for their GED testing fees and tuition in their A O-K approved career pathway. Contact Karen Ulanski for more information.
- Microsoft Certification Classes - This class is designed for the more advanced computer user. This class allows the student to become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist. Certification offered for Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Power-Point. The student has the choice to do just one, a few, or all of the programs offered. Afternoon and evening classes are available.
- Beginning Computer Classes - The beginner class is specifically designed for first time computer users or those with limited computer experience. These are available in the afternoon and evening.
- Book Club - This is for those who enjoy reading and would like to interact with others in small group discussions. Afternoon classes available in Miami and Anderson county.
- Transition Classes - College Readiness.
- Life Management - Individualized to meet individual needs and goals. Education and preparation for workplace readiness skills and life skills.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- If an individual is 16 or 17 years of age, the compulsory attendance disclaimer forms must be provided to the adult education program.
Enrollment Process and Fees
- Call or come by to sign up for the class(es) that work best for you.
- Complete the Student Information Sheet and pay $40. material fee.
- Material fees must be paid prior to beginning the class via cash or money order.
Dates & Times
- See Class Schedule tab or call us at 913-294-8018.