For the fall and spring semesters, the student deadline to change schedules is the second full day of classes. Students have one full black day and one full gold day after school begins to request a schedule change.
Items to note:
The master schedule is created each year to accommodate course selections made by students. Faculty members are employed, textbooks are purchased and rooms are assigned based on student course requests. Schedule changes are subject to parent approval, administrative approval, and class availability without exceeding maximum class size.
Acceptable reasons for schedule changes are:
- Seniors who need a course to fulfill a graduation requirement
- An inappropriate level or sequence placement
- An obvious error in schedule (i.e. same class twice)
- Prerequisites that have not been fulfilled
- Failure of a course that must be repeated
- A summer school course has been passed
- An academic need to switch from a Pre-AP, AP, or dual credit course to a regular course
Schedule changes will not be made for these reasons:
- Specific teacher request
- Switch sections of the same course to get a different teacher
- Requested change would exceed class size capacity
- Desire to have a certain lunch schedule
- Desire to be with friends
- Desire to have a class at a certain time of day
**Requests may cause other class periods and teachers to change**
**Completion of the schedule change form is NOT a guarantee that the request will be granted. Students will receive an email from the counseling department when your form has been reviewed.